The Pomeroy-Academia covered bridge is the longest remaining covered bridge in Pennsylvania, spanning 278 feet across Tuscarora Creek. It is a two-span, timber Burr truss bridge built by James N. Groninger in 1902. Since 1962, the Juniata County Historical Society has maintained stewardship of the historic treasure. The Keystone Fund supported a vital preservation project, which including rehabilitation of the timber frame structure, stone piers, abutments, and wingwalls of the bridge. The project also added a small park with benches and historic displays. Now for pedestrian use-only, the bridge is open daily from sunrise to sunset and continues to be a cherished landmark for many Juniata County residents.