This year, Pennsylvanians celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Keystone Recreation, Park, and Conservation Fund. Since 1993, the Keystone Fund has invested over $500 million in local projects that help make Pennsylvania communities healthier, more vital places to live, work, and play (leveraging an additional $1 billion in public/private dollars in the process). The Keystone Fund helps communities help themselves by providing much-needed funding to improve recreational opportunities, preserve natural lands, restore historic places, and upgrade local libraries. It is very likely that you may have helped implement a local Keystone Fund project…which is why we’re reaching out to you now.
The Keystone Fund 25th Anniversary Committee was formed to highlight the Keystone Fund’s legacy of success, and we need your help!
The 25th anniversary is a wonderful opportunity to educate community leaders about the value that the Keystone Fund delivers and the lasting benefits that communities experience because of these essential investments. There is no better way to convey the importance of the Keystone Fund than through personal stories from people like you who have been involved firsthand in the implementation or planning of a local project.
We would like to invite you to become a Keystone Fund Ambassador. Ambassadors will engage locally to promote the Keystone Fund, meeting with legislators, legislative staff, and other community leaders to champion the benefits and achievements of the Keystone Fund while working to safeguard its funding for years to come.
The Keystone Fund 25th Anniversary Committee is made up of state agencies and statewide partners that support the work of the Keystone Fund. The committee will provide guidance and instructions for Ambassadors, as well as training, talking points, resources, and support throughout the process.
Keystone Fund 25th Anniversary Committee
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
- Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries
- Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education
- Pennsylvania Land Trust Association
- Pennsylvania Library Association
- Pennsylvania Parks and Forests Foundation
- Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society
- Pennsylvania Environmental Council
- Penn Trails, LLC
- Preservation Pennsylvania
- Growing Greener Coalition
- The Nature Conservancy, Pennsylvania Chapter
- Natural Lands